Reliable and Efficient Laboratory Services are Essential
When it comes to producing slides of exceptional quality, our highly skilled and experienced laboratory technicians are heads and shoulders above the rest.
Founded in 2009, SVP understands the importance of both efficiency and quality when it comes to producing slides and fostering a collaborative research experience. As such, SVP employs dedicated laboratory technicians who pride themselves in their work. As part of SVP’s mission to assist sponsors in producing the best quality diagnostic and research slides, our prosectors and histotechnicians are here to assist you with all your technical needs, from gross necropsy and dissection to tissue processing, microtomy, slide staining, and novel histotechnology. We can work with wet tissues, or we can cut and stain sections from provided paraffin blocks. We also have the experience and expertise to provide assistance with immunohistochemical studies including antibody selection, optimization, validation, and interpretation.
SpecialtyVETPATH also offers technical training. We will train technicians, post docs or student assistants to perform IHC staining, microtomy, or other techniques in our facility. Contact us to discuss your needs, and we will design a training schedule and curriculum to fit your project.
Tissue and Slide Services
- Tissue trimming and organ weights
- Tissue processing / paraffin embedding
- Paraffin sectioning
- Frozen section / cryostat
- Staining of blood films and bone marrow smears
- Technician training (staining, microtomy)
- TMAs - stock and custom design
- Block and slide archiving
Histology and Immunohistochemistry Services
- H&E staining
- Special stains (Trichrome, Picrosirius Red, PAS, Gram, and more)
- Immunochemistry staining
- Antibody optimization (antibody provided by investigator)
- Manual differential and pathologist review of blood films and bone marrow smears
- Pathologist review and interpretation of CBCs, biochemistry data, and bone marrow
- Pathologist review of blood/urine/fluid biomarker data
- Anatomic pathology review and interpretation of H&E stained slides via light microscopy
- Interpretation of Immunochemistry (cyto and histo) by board certified pathologists
At SVP, we strive to help you get the most out of your research. We understand the importance of slide quality when it comes to the interpretability and reproducibility of results. Let us help you get the most from your tissues and avoid the pitfall of evaluating subpar specimens.